USMNt

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

USMNt

Postby texas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:41 am

Anybody here care about soccer? I've always liked it although I am liking it less because it's so weak and cucky now, even moreso than before.

USA couldn't even beat Trinidad (or even tie against them), now we're out of the World Cup. All of the players looked like whimpering effeminate blobs out there. They looked like they were more concerned about not offending the opponent by accidentally referring to them with an incorrect gender pronoun than they were concerned about winning the game.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Re: USMNt

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am

Tex you know that the kids that play soccer are the kids that can't make the baseball team or the kids who's parents won't let them play football.
Carl Gerbschmidt

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:22 pm

The US had an own goal and the players cried on the field after they lost, how pathetic is that?
Carl Gerbschmidt

Postby APB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Sounds like y'all are trying to compensate for something... :roll:
APB

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 pm

APB wrote:Sounds like y'all are trying to compensate for something... :roll:

My Grandfather was in the Navy, when WW2 started he enlisted in the Army he fought in hope of killing Nazis and making certain his family in later generations would not have to use the metric system or watch soccer on major network TV.
Carl Gerbschmidt

Postby dirty sanchez » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:55 pm

It's the snowflake sport. I'm sure that when they come home, their fans will give them a participation trophy to make the feel better and provide them with a safe space and the psychiatric therapy needed to help them through the ordeal.
dirty sanchez

Postby APB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:

My Grandfather was in the Navy, when WW2 started he enlisted in the Army he fought in hope of killing Nazis and making certain his family in later generations would not have to use the metric system or watch soccer on major network TV.

I for real LOL'd... :lol:
APB

Postby texas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 pm

You're all correct and that's why the USMNt (low-T if you didn't catch it) sucks so bad. Bunch of poonannies going through the system. Although at this point, mostly poonannies playing baseball too, hate to be the one to break the news.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby raptorman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 am

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:

Which is pretty good considering Network TV didn't really take off until the 1950's. He must have been a soothsayer.
The government has never had a power it did not abuse.
raptorman

Postby raptorman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 am

dirty sanchez wrote:It's the snowflake sport. I'm sure that when they come home, their fans will give them a participation trophy to make the feel better and provide them with a safe space and the psychiatric therapy needed to help them through the ordeal.

One that most football players couldn't play for more than 10 minutes. :D
The government has never had a power it did not abuse.
raptorman

Postby salmar80 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:45 am

Watching soccer with it's one commercial break (halftime) is sometimes relaxing. I get through football games by posting and reading comments during the ads, the constant, incessant ads... How many damn trucks and scary AF side-effects to prescription medication can there be!!!
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 am

raptorman wrote:
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:

Which is pretty good considering Network TV didn't really take off until the 1950's. He must have been a soothsayer.

He saw the evilness that soccer was first hand he knew it had to be stopped.
Carl Gerbschmidt

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm

raptorman wrote:
dirty sanchez wrote:It's the snowflake sport. I'm sure that when they come home, their fans will give them a participation trophy to make the feel better and provide them with a safe space and the psychiatric therapy needed to help them through the ordeal.

One that most football players couldn't play for more than 10 minutes. :D

Soccer players weigh about 150 pounds and running is what they do, just because they run all day does not make it entertaining or a more grueling sport.
Carl Gerbschmidt

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

salmar80 wrote:Watching soccer with it's one commercial break (halftime) is sometimes relaxing. I get through football games by posting and reading comments during the ads, the constant, incessant ads... How many damn trucks and scary AF side-effects to prescription medication can there be!!!

You are aware of the basic concepts in difference between football and soccer. Football runs plays that require a huddle to explain the play, then there is the line up and reading the defense and changing plays based on coverage, football is based on stop and start and player changes.

The commercials and ads generate revenue for the league, makes network broadcasts possible.
Carl Gerbschmidt

Postby salmar80 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
salmar80 wrote:Watching soccer with it's one commercial break (halftime) is sometimes relaxing. I get through football games by posting and reading comments during the ads, the constant, incessant ads... How many damn trucks and scary AF side-effects to prescription medication can there be!!!

You are aware of the basic concepts in difference between football and soccer. Football runs plays that require a huddle to explain the play, then there is the line up and reading the defense and changing plays based on coverage, football is based on stop and start and player changes.

The commercials and ads generate revenue for the league, makes network broadcasts possible.

Or football players are so slow of mind, they need to stop to get each play explained to them ;)

If you follow soccer, you'll know lining up, reading the D, getting in formation and deciding and timing passing and running routes is exactly what soccer teams do when passing the ball between defenders and midfielders. Also taking a relative breather.

Look, I'm not gonna say soccer is the superior sport. I can see why it's boring for many. But the fervent opposition to it is more weird nationalism than anything to do with sports. They're so different it's utter nonsense they share the name. Comparing football and rugby makes some sense, football vs soccer is kinda futile.

Frankly, I don't see why I should pick one or the other. I follow both + hockey + random other sports in spurts.
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

Next

Return to The Podium - PG13