The World Series

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

The World Series

Postby Beagle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm

This has to be one of the most entertaining World Series I have seen in a long time. Last nights game was just completely wild with the Astros winning 13-12 in the bottom of the 10th inning.

Astros lead the series 3-2 as it heads back to LA for the final 2 games.

I don't have a horse in this race, just looking forward to seeing how the rest of this series plays out.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Re: The World Series

Postby The Lyricist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Lemme know when it is over. All the World Series does is delay new episodes of Family Guy and The Simpsons from airing.

Baseball is boring, in my humble stoic opinion, along with soccer, hockey and pretty much any sport that isn't predominantly black. Plus, baseball-wise, I can't stand watching Hispanics, Asians, Canadians and other non-Americans stand while the US anthem plays. :wink:
He said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
The Lyricist

Postby BF004 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 pm

The Lyricist wrote:Lemme know when it is over. All the World Series does is delay new episodes of Family Guy and The Simpsons from airing.

:lol:

Honestly my exact historical reason as well for hating baseball playoffs.

First time I think we've agreed on anything. :wink:
BF004

Postby wallyuwl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Beagle wrote:This has to be one of the most entertaining World Series I have seen in a long time. Last nights game was just completely wild with the Astros winning 13-12 in the bottom of the 10th inning.

Astros lead the series 3-2 as it heads back to LA for the final 2 games.

I don't have a horse in this race, just looking forward to seeing how the rest of this series plays out.

I fell asleep after the 9th. It was past midnight. It was a great game. Regular season baseball is boring. Playoff baseball can be great.
wallyuwl

Postby Beagle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm

wallyuwl wrote:I fell asleep after the 9th. It was past midnight. It was a great game. Regular season baseball is boring. Playoff baseball can be great.

Oddly enough, I did not tune into a single game all year long. Like watching Hockey, I prefer the playoffs - finals. However, I wouldn't miss a chance to go to a Brewers game if I am in town. Being at the games is great.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Return to The Podium - PG13