Paco Mock 2015.6

This forum will be for discussions related to the 2015 draft.

Once the 2014 NFL season is complete, we will merge the discussions into the main Packers forum to ensure all football talk will be in one forum.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Paco Mock 2015.6

Postby paco » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 am

A new mock to pass the time while the wife watches tv. Let me know what you think. I put some effort into this one.

Re-sign
Bryan Bulaga
Letroy Guion
BJ Raji
John Kuhn
Scott Tolzein
Sean Richardson
Don Barclay
Davon House

Free Agents
Bruce Carter - LB
Our big free agent splash. With Cobb not signing and Hawk & Jones gone, TT gets us ILB help.

Colin McCarthy - LB
Some more ILB help from free agency. Lower end pickup here. McCarthy shows some talent but missed all of last year with a shoulder injury.

The Draft

Packers get 3 comp picks. 2 6th rounders, 1 7th rounder.

Packers trade back a few spots into the early 2nd round.
2. Jalen Collins - CB - LSU
Some have him going much higher, that is possible. I also think it is possible a run on corner's come in the 2nd round and a few drop there. Kid may be an instant starter next to Shields. If not, seriously helps plug a hole left by Tramon (and maybe House).

2. Nelson Agholor - WR - USC
Another 2nd round WR pickup for TT. Gives us another slot option with Cobb leaving. He's a bit thin, but a willing blocker. Although could be much more aggressive in the blocking game. Has return experience. Will benefit from working with Jordy. Won't have to start day 1 most likely but will contribute as a rookie like Adams did.

Packer trade up in the 3rd using their original 4th rounder.
3. Ali Marpet - OG - Hobart
Instant upgrade inside compared to guys like Lane Taylor. Smart, tough, very well may be a starter if we let Lang walk at the end of his contract.

Packer trade up in the 4th using original 6th rounder.
4. Stephone Anthony - ILB - Clemson
More ILB help. Not sure where to project him so sticking with the 4th round for now (NFLDraftScout). Probably better against the run, but has show ability to cover as well. Very good tackler and can pack a punch when needed.

5. Ellis McCarthy - DT - UCLA
Big man, big boots. Insurance as a 3-4 NT. Guion and Raji both are probably signing 1 or 2 year deals. Keep the big men fresh.

6. Wes Saxton - TE - South Alabama
Talented but very raw. Fast for his size with some room to bulk up. Will need some work, but might give us what Bostick was supposed to and more. Will have a chance with a suddenly thin TE group in GB.

6. Brandon Bridge - QB - South Alabama
All South Alabama 6th round. Bridge seems like the perfect fit for McCarthy to help mold. Great frame, rocket arm, but little experience. Probably a practice squad guy for a couple of years.

7. Cam Thomas - CB - Western Kentucky
Fits our CB type. Plays bigger than he is. Needs some time to learn against tougher competition. Maybe PS for a year.

7. Jeff Luc - ILB - Cincinnati
Another ILB. This guy plays all over the place. Very good pass rushing ability, plays sideline to sideline, tackles well, and can cover. Very raw but built like a tank. Could contribute right away on special teams and surprise people and make a team with a big 2nd year jump.

53 man roster
QB - Rodgers, Tolzien
RB - Lacy, Starks, Neal
FB - Kuhn
WR - Nelson, Adams, Janis, Abbrederis, Agholor
TE - Rodgers, Quarless, Wes Saxton
OT - Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Barclay
OG - Sitton, Lang, Marpet
C - Linsley, Tretter

DL - Daniels, Jones, Raji, Guion, Thornton, Boyd, McCarthy, Gaston
LB - Matthews, Peppers, Perry, Neal, Barrington, Anthony, Bradford, Elliott, Carter, McCarthy
CB - Shields, House, Collins, Hyde, Hayward, Goodson
S - Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson, Banjo

ST - Crosby, Masthay, Goode

Enough ILB help for you guys? :lol:
paco

Re: Paco Mock 2015.6

Postby backthepack4ever » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm

nice work!!

I like the bruce carter signing. I agree if/when cobb leaves we will have some money that needs to be spent and we need to find at the least a starter if not an impact guy. Carter is a guy i see as a nice upgrade at ILB.

I like so many CBs in this draft. Collins may have the highest ceiling of all of them but I worry to why he couldnt lock down the position at LSU. I like the pick at 30 though.

Agholor doesnt excite me but thats just me

Anothony is my fav ILB in this draft by far. I want him in green bay but i think we will have to make that move before the 4th.

I have no problems with any of the guys after that!! nice group
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:34 am

That is depressing.

Sorry, paco. :?
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby paco » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:37 am

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:That is depressing.

What's depressing? Losing Cobb? The free agents? The draft picks? My effort?
paco

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:43 am

paco wrote:

Agholor makes me vomit.

The first pick I don't really like. It we take a corner stay put and take one or move up a few slots.

So, I don't like the first two, and that ruins the draft for me. I do like Anthony, but I believe he will be gone by 60.

I'm sure you gave 110%. I would never question your effort!
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby paco » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:08 am

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
paco wrote:

Agholor makes me vomit.

The first pick I don't really like. It we take a corner stay put and take one or move up a few slots.

So, I don't like the first two, and that ruins the draft for me. I do like Anthony, but I believe he will be gone by 60.

I'm sure you gave 110%. I would never question your effort!

I said I put in effort, but I never said that much! :lol:

I get it on Agholor. I even understand on Collins too. Honestly, outside of just a few, I'm really not big on the WR's this year. Especially as slot replacements for Cobb.

I agree on Anthony too. I've seen him as high as the 1st and low as the 5th. I stuck with nfldraftscout rankings for this one and that's where they have him.
paco

Postby GeMatt » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Overall not bad. Problem is I still don't know many of those in the draft, but your picks included names of some I know and like. My 1st or 2nd pick would be TE Maxx Williams and he should be available.

Not certain about resigning Richardson, but I'm not really dead set against it.

As for free agency, CB Byron Maxwell is still my one and only choice at this time. But we won't know until next Tuesday what is going to happen, and who will or will not be available.
GeMatt

Return to 2017 Draft War Room