Kampman Mock 2015 2.0

This forum will be for discussions related to the 2018 draft.

Once the 2017 NFL season is complete, we will merge the discussions into the main Packers forum to ensure all football talk will be in one forum.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Kampman Mock 2015 2.0

Postby kampmanfan4life » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:33 am

I'm trying to find any way to procrastinate writing a big paper I have due after break so here I am creating a second mock draft. I do not like trades because it is 100% impossible to try to predict.

30 (1st) P.J. Williams - CBs - with Williams and House leaving we could use help here, can also return kicks. I hope we trade out as Goldman is only other guy I really like in the 1st.

62 (2nd) Hau'oli Jamora- OLB - 36 career sacks in college, good motor and should be able to get after the QB, need to replace Peppers and maybe Matthews too if he plays inside a lot.

94 (3rd) Henry Anderson - DE- Great motor, Great height/ weight, always around the ball, loved the 2 games I watched him in. Maybe a round too early but I like him and he is a guy rising.

129 (4th) Jalston Fowler - FB- 5-11 245 -was a running back and FB at Alabama can be #3 RB and be Fullback for us, was in my last mock I really like him in our offense and special teams.

166 (5th) Taiwan Jones - ILB- one of the only bigger ILB prospects in the draft, studies hard and is prepared on game day, better vs run than pass.

206 (6th) Derrick Lott - DE/DT- Very strong but also very bad technique, plays very high and doesn't seem like he gets much coaching at all could develop

210 (6th) Ben Beckwith -G/C- at 6-4 317 he is what we look for in lineman, a zero star recruit out of high school, limited athlete but good motor and flexible, has bulk and determination.

213 (6th) Tevin McDonald - S- a great athlete with NFL bloodlines, health and failed 3 drug test, reportedly cleaned up and named team captain senior year, elite kick and punt returner

247 (7th) Jake Kumerow - WR- NFL bloodlines, while our starting 5 at WR look good we usually keep one or 2 on the practice squad, he could fit here. Between him and Janis one should develop. From what some of my friends tell me he is a great guy.
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
User avatar
kampmanfan4life
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 am
Location: Green Bay/Whitewater

Re: Kampman Mock 2015 2.0

Postby Bogey » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:37 pm

I like Kumerow also but think he's more likely UDFA
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
User avatar
Bogey
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Re: Kampman Mock 2015 2.0

Postby YoHoChecko » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:30 pm

kampmanfan4life wrote:I'm trying to find any way to procrastinate writing a big paper I have due after break so here I am creating a second mock draft. I do not like trades because it is 100% impossible to try to predict.

30 (1st) P.J. Williams - CBs - with Williams and House leaving we could use help here, can also return kicks. I hope we trade out as Goldman is only other guy I really like in the 1st.
PJ Williams is slow and will likely be a GREAT cover-2 or slot CB, but I have major questions about his ability to cover deep. Even in his highlight films they all come within 10-15 yards of the l.o.s. or on VASTLY underthrown balls to WRs that have him beat deep.
kampmanfan4life wrote:129 (4th) Jalston Fowler - FB- 5-11 245 -was a running back and FB at Alabama can be #3 RB and be Fullback for us, was in my last mock I really like him in our offense and special teams.
Love Fowler, but think this might be a round too early
kampmanfan4life wrote:206 (6th) Derrick Lott - DE/DT- Very strong but also very bad technique, plays very high and doesn't seem like he gets much coaching at all could develop
I'm a big fan of Lott, but he's second to LT Walton in my book for the smaller school bigs

kampmanfan4life wrote:210 (6th) Ben Beckwith -G/C- at 6-4 317 he is what we look for in lineman, a zero star recruit out of high school, limited athlete but good motor and flexible, has bulk and determination.
"Limited athlete" is not what we look for in OL. We look for guys that played LT in college but might have better bodies for other positions. We like athletes the most.

kampmanfan4life wrote:213 (6th) Tevin McDonald - S- a great athlete with NFL bloodlines, health and failed 3 drug test, reportedly cleaned up and named team captain senior year, elite kick and punt returner

Sounds intriguing; must look at him more
kampmanfan4life wrote:247 (7th) Jake Kumerow - WR- NFL bloodlines, while our starting 5 at WR look good we usually keep one or 2 on the practice squad, he could fit here. Between him and Janis one should develop. From what some of my friends tell me he is a great guy.

I like this guy, too, but agree with Bogey that he's more of an UDFA. Have you looked into Darren Waller in the 4th or 5th at all? 6'6", 4.46. Played WR at Georgia Tech and was rarely used, but looks to have good hands, just needs a TON of refinement.


I'm also a bit concerned with the lack of a LB that can cover. I like Jones just fine, but if he's all we get at ILB, we might be in trouble in the passing game.
YoHoChecko
 
Posts: 15127
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: Kampman Mock 2015 2.0

Postby kampmanfan4life » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:06 pm

I'll look at Waller thanks. Kumerow I agree is probably a UDFA but I'd still love if he got drafted. The difference between 7th and UDFA is almost nothing in terms of how good they will be or chance of making the roster.

kampmanfan4life wrote:
206 (6th) Derrick Lott - DE/DT- Very strong but also very bad technique, plays very high and doesn't seem like he gets much coaching at all could develop
I'm a big fan of Lott, but he's second to LT Walton in my book for the smaller school bigs

I like him but CBS has him rated 4th round. I almost put Joey Mbu here and think I actually like him better than Lott.

I'm also a bit concerned with the lack of a LB that can cover. I like Jones just fine, but if he's all we get at ILB, we might be in trouble in the passing game.

I am too. This draft is a bunch of fast light guys then 1 or 2 big guys who can't run. I watched Kendricks who is rated the highest and was not impressed. I saw speed and some ball skills and that is it from him. Looked like a safety playing LB to me. If I needed to pick between a LB stopping the pass or the run I am picking the run.

kampmanfan4life wrote:
210 (6th) Ben Beckwith -G/C- at 6-4 317 he is what we look for in lineman, a zero star recruit out of high school, limited athlete but good motor and flexible, has bulk and determination.
"Limited athlete" is not what we look for in OL. We look for guys that played LT in college but might have better bodies for other positions. We like athletes the most.


Yeah I agree,I have not really looked at OL at all yet. I'm sure I can find someone better here he is probably the 1st guy I'd change on here.
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
User avatar
kampmanfan4life
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 am
Location: Green Bay/Whitewater


Return to 2017 Draft War Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest