Darius Kilgo

This forum will be for discussions related to the 2015 draft.

Once the 2014 NFL season is complete, we will merge the discussions into the main Packers forum to ensure all football talk will be in one forum.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Darius Kilgo

Postby paco » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider · 2m2 minutes ago
Darius Kilgo said he has visited Packers and Dolphins will visit Bengals and do Panthers' local prospect day met with Patriots Wednesday

UDFA possibility.
paco

Re: Darius Kilgo

Postby YoHoChecko » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:16 pm

I've looked that name up before, but I can't recall how I felt about it. Any thoughts on him?
YoHoChecko

Postby paco » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:56 pm

YoHoChecko wrote:I've looked that name up before, but I can't recall how I felt about it. Any thoughts on him?

I hadn't heard about him before seeing this. Seems like a NT type. Here's NFL.com's profile on him...

6'3, 319lbs
Analysis

Strengths Flashes strength in upper body when he gets arm extension. Rarely gets moved off of his spot in one-on- one matchups. Recovered three fumbles in 2014 and blocked a kick. When his pad level is right, he can leverage blocker and win the gap. Three-year starter.

Weaknesses Is a complete non-factor as a pass rusher. Must improve hand work at the point of attack. If he doesn't win quickly, he rarely works his way into a winning position against his blocker. Lacks quickness out of his stance. Below-average strength from lower half and plays with poor balance. Gets corkscrewed and flattened by double teams. Very limited play radius. Too often fails to find ball carrier in time.

Bottom Line Kilgo's frame carries his weight well, but he's missing the power necessary to play the nose. Kilgo rarely threatens the gap as a penetrator and he struggles to hold up against double teams. Kilgo's lack of aggressive temperament and pure strength could make him a tough sell on draft day.
-Lance Zierlein

Too me, sounds like a practice squad guy. Get him in the weight room for a year or 2 and see if he can be a run stuffer.
paco

Postby YoHoChecko » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:11 pm

OOOHHHH, he goes to UMD. I got o UMD. I knew that sounded familiar. Some big dude was in our grad student lounge talking about wanting to be a football coach if playing didn't work out so I looked at all the names/pictures of the DLinemen to see who he was. Wasn't this guy.

NFL draft scout has a slightly kinder assessment of him, but still a pretty similar conclusion to yours. Weight room and technique work are a must. Probably a PS guy until then. I like that he's 6'4" 320, though. I figure if he have enough of these big guys, eventually one of them has to pan out as a NT replacement, right?
YoHoChecko

Return to 2017 Draft War Room