Take Jalen Collins off your board

This forum will be for discussions related to the 2018 draft.

Once the 2017 NFL season is complete, we will merge the discussions into the main Packers forum to ensure all football talk will be in one forum.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Take Jalen Collins off your board

Postby paco » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:51 pm

In the first round anyway.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rug-tests/

Report: LSU’s Jalen Collins has multiple failed drug tests
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 25, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
2015 NFL Scouting Combine Getty Images

Timing is everything in life.

And if you’re a fringe first-round prospect, having bad news emerge in the week before the 2015 NFL Draft is particularly poorly timed.

Via Albert Breer of the NFL Network, citing sources with four teams, LSU cornerback Jalen Collins had “multiple failed tests” for drugs during his college days.

Of course, that doesn’t necessarily have to ruin his prospects, as a former teammate with a similar rap sheet has gone on to have a productive and positive start to his career.

But teams will also have to weigh his ability at a coveted position against the possibility that he might not be able to keep himself eligible.
paco

Re: Take Jalen Collins off your board

Postby YoHoChecko » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:20 pm

One of the few things that I can say from my week helping out at the combine ten years ago is that TT does not like habitual drug users. If he looks into the background and talks to people and they feel this is something more than a once or twice kind of deal, he's very wary of them. He told me that personally when I asked him about Odell Thurman from UGA (where I had just graduated from).

So I don't really like Jalen Collins, and now I can rest assured that he won't be the BPA for a TT-run team. I mean, I guess a lot could have changed in the past decade, but I see no reason not to hold onto what he told me.
YoHoChecko

Postby JKB » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 am

YoHoChecko wrote:One of the few things that I can say from my week helping out at the combine ten years ago is that TT does not like habitual drug users. If he looks into the background and talks to people and they feel this is something more than a once or twice kind of deal, he's very wary of them. He told me that personally when I asked him about Odell Thurman from UGA (where I had just graduated from).

So I don't really like Jalen Collins, and now I can rest assured that he won't be the BPA for a TT-run team. I mean, I guess a lot could have changed in the past decade, but I see no reason not to hold onto what he told me.

Agreed :AOK
I have done all the online research, I am basically web certified.
JKB

Postby yoop » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am

this is only going to get worse, kids are fed up with the stupid double standards of a gov that allows the promotion of much worse drugs, and alcohol while ruining lives of people that smoke pot, these kids harm no one, yet they have THC in there system so we ruin there lives for it, and since THC stays in your system a month it's easy to paint them as a habitual abuser.

expecting these kids to stay clean is idiotic, most of there friends probably smoke, yet we expect these kids to over come that temptation, that is lol funny, of course we have a bunch of GM's and owners that love to see these great athletes fall in the draft so they can gobble them up on the cheap when they do, what a vicious cycle of corruption, they will go to any length to cover up real crime, yet screw others for taking a puff of weed.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Return to 2017 Draft War Room