Miles Jack out for the season

This forum will be for discussions related to the 2018 draft.

Once the 2017 NFL season is complete, we will merge the discussions into the main Packers forum to ensure all football talk will be in one forum.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Miles Jack out for the season

Postby YoHoChecko » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Miles Jack--my early favorite for the top of my Packers wish list--is out for the year with an injury suffered in practice. It'll be interesting to see if he still declares and how it affects his draft stock. Might push him down the board to at least 32 for us.
YoHoChecko

Re: Miles Jack out for the season

Postby paco » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:18 am

YoHoChecko wrote:Miles Jack--my early favorite for the top of my Packers wish list--is out for the year with an injury suffered in practice. It'll be interesting to see if he still declares and how it affects his draft stock. Might push him down the board to at least 32 for us.

He took out a $5 Million insurance policy on himself. Pays out if he doesn't get drafted in the 1st round. Probably a good year for him to come out then if it does push him out of the 1st.
paco

Postby YoHoChecko » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:53 pm

paco wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:Miles Jack--my early favorite for the top of my Packers wish list--is out for the year with an injury suffered in practice. It'll be interesting to see if he still declares and how it affects his draft stock. Might push him down the board to at least 32 for us.

He took out a $5 Million insurance policy on himself. Pays out if he doesn't get drafted in the 1st round. Probably a good year for him to come out then if it does push him out of the 1st.

Oh wow! That's pretty crucial info. If I'm him, then, I definitely enter the draft. Win-Win!

Of course, if we select him with the 32nd pick and cost him $5 million, he might get pretty ticked off, haha.
YoHoChecko

Postby paco » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:53 pm

YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:

Oh wow! That's pretty crucial info. If I'm him, then, I definitely enter the draft. Win-Win!

Of course, if we select him with the 32nd pick and cost him $5 million, he might get pretty ticked off, haha.

Actually read last night that these things almost never pay out. Marquise Lee is still trying to get his money. So nice idea, but sounds like odds are, you don't get it. Still, might as well come out anyway. Unless you think you can go top 5, maybe 10, it doesn't make a huge difference if you are 20 something or 40 something in the draft.
paco

Postby YoHoChecko » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:02 pm

paco wrote:Actually read last night that these things almost never pay out. Marquise Lee is still trying to get his money. So nice idea, but sounds like odds are, you don't get it. Still, might as well come out anyway. Unless you think you can go top 5, maybe 10, it doesn't make a huge difference if you are 20 something or 40 something in the draft.

I've heard that they are difficult to pay out, but that's often because the "injury caused it" is tougher to prove. I feel that the way you worded it, the terms are fairly clear. For Lee, the injury was nagging and kept him out of a few games here and there. For Jack, the injury is clear, early in the season, and has cost him a year of his college career. That should be an easier payout.
YoHoChecko

Postby backthepack4ever » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:47 am

man I hope he comes out and falls. the kid is a stud. top 15 talent for sure.
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby YoHoChecko » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Jack has made the decision to leave school and prep for the draft/rehab
YoHoChecko

Postby Bogey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:44 am

paco wrote:Actually read last night that these things almost never pay out. Marquise Lee is still trying to get his money. So nice idea, but sounds like odds are, you don't get it.

Insurance company not paying out? This is shocking information.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
Bogey

Return to 2017 Draft War Room