Game of Thrones

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby APB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:22 am

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:I don't think Stannis had a hard choice.

To me Stannis is just as fanatical as the High Sparrow. Both are religious nuts allowing the some distant end or ideal to justify their actions.

Yep. All this.
APB

Postby APB » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:51 am

Well, GOT has, once again, delivered us a gut punch...this time in the form of Jon Snow's guts. Unless the Red Witch suddenly discovers how to incorporate the Lord of Light's life healing power into her repertoire, he's a goner.

I guess we'll find out in nine months.

George R. R. Martin hates us all.
APB

Postby Bigcheese » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:28 pm

APB wrote:Well, GOT has, once again, delivered us a gut punch...this time in the form of Jon Snow's guts. Unless the Red Witch suddenly discovers how to incorporate the Lord of Light's life healing power into her repertoire, he's a goner.

I guess we'll find out in nine months.

George R. R. Martin hates us all.

The book HAS to be out before the next season.. Right???? :cry:

I don't think he dies...
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby APB » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 pm

I dont think he dies, either. There are too many things left undone for him to be dead.

The Red Witch's keen interest in him, the Sansa/Littlefinger conversation in the Winterfell crypt that alluded to Jon Snow's heritage, and the clear daunting from the Night King directed at Snow after the beat down at Hardhome. With the way the books and series likes to drop hints about where the story is headed, it wouldn't make sense for all those signals to be for naught.
APB

Postby Lord Ben » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 pm

And for whatever reason Melisandre got some sort of a vision and went to Castle Black instead of just booking it for the free cities across the sea.
“Quite frankly, very few people know what they’re talking about." -- Ted Thompson
Lord Ben

Location: Deep in the bowels of the Vandelay Industries server room.

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Shame!

Shame!

Shame!

That stuff -- moral masturbation in the service of sublimated will to power -- is right out of Nietszche's Genealogy of Morals...

:wink:
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Lord Ben » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:40 am

I see a lot of Cersei is a victim stuff floating around today. Her cuckolding of Robert directly led to the deaths of tens or even hundreds of thousands of people during a civil war. Sorry, but a walk of atonement isn't going to trip my sympathy emotion in this case like it would for more innocent cases of locals who had relationships with Germans during the occupations of France/Netherlands/etc and then were treated brutally in the aftermath. Those women weren't in a position of responsibility greater than their own desires. It's not about the sex, it's just basic duty of leaders to responsibly lead their groups.

Jon too failed his brothers and got knifed for it.
“Quite frankly, very few people know what they’re talking about." -- Ted Thompson
Lord Ben

Location: Deep in the bowels of the Vandelay Industries server room.

Postby salmar80 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 am

GOT never fails to deliver the gut punches.

And that was exactly the beauty of OZ, no one is really safe, so you can't leave the edge of your seat. GOT is a bit softer than the books, but never predictable.

I think it's very healthy to offer viewers strong emotions that depart from what is expected. If you feel it, then the show matters and you maybe have a way to deal with something you'd usually just bury.

To fill the gap, I can recommend AMC's Humans - a very smart drama about androids replacing human busywork in ordinary life, and of humans dealing with it in their own ways. What if a machine could replace you as a dad/mom/friend/lover/worker... Would you use them, love them, shoot them or hack 'em? And what if a few of them were conscious beings...
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

Postby madcity_matt » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:31 pm

My humble opinion. John (Snow) Targaryen, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark is Azor Ahai

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

Melisandre realized she bet on the wrong horse, which is why she ditched Stannis to head to castle black.
madcity_matt

Postby Bigcheese » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:53 pm

madcity_matt wrote:My humble opinion. John (Snow) Targaryen, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark is Azor Ahai

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

Melisandre realized she bet on the wrong horse, which is why she ditched Stannis to head to castle black.

BINGO!!
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby YoHoChecko » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:23 pm

I avoid this thread because I fear spoilers.

Looks like I'm not alone

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-hardest-part-of-nfl-training-camp-game-of-thrones-spoilers-1438786253
The Hardest Part of NFL Training Camp: ‘Game of Thrones’ Spoilers
Players who aren’t caught up on the show struggle to avoid their teammates conversations
YoHoChecko

Previous

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG