MKE Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: MKE Bucks

Postby paco » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:11 am

Some combination of Bayless and/or Mayo will be gone. They are very deep at 2 Guard.

Monroe is the big question I think. I hope he can be at least as effective as he was this last year if not more. Otherwise we are still very weak for the bigs.
paco

Postby NCF » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:03 pm

paco wrote:Some combination of Bayless and/or Mayo will be gone. They are very deep at 2 Guard.

Monroe is the big question I think. I hope he can be at least as effective as he was this last year if not more. Otherwise we are still very weak for the bigs.

When is life going to slow down for you, paco? We miss you on the Packers Board.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby paco » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:17 pm

NCF wrote:
paco wrote:Some combination of Bayless and/or Mayo will be gone. They are very deep at 2 Guard.

When is life going to slow down for you, paco? We miss you on the Packers Board.

Someday, maybe. I try to look in and see what is going on occasionally. Unfortunately have been doing my job and my bosses for the last 4 months and had some home commitments.
paco

Postby kampmanfan4life » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 am

Also worth noting huge week for the Bucks, should get a announcement on a yes or no for a new arena.
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
kampmanfan4life

Postby NCF » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:54 pm

2016 Tip-Off is tonight. Pretty excited to see this team. No Jabari Parker for another few weeks, but there schedule sets up nicely to get off to a quick start.

Feed the big man!!

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby paco » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Didn't Sir Charles say the Bucks were the 2nd team to watch in the East after the Cavs? I'm not that optimistic, but I think it could be a very good year again.
paco

Postby lulu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:00 pm

I live in Milwaukee and there is a buzz around this team that hasn't existed since the early '80's. The funny thing is I think this year will be a bit of a letdown. I fully expect them to do better than last year but that's just it - expectations. Nobody expected JACK out of this team last year with the way Kidd was brought into the fold and losing Parker early on in the season. To Kidd's credit he had them playing hard and playing a full 4 quarters, the team continued to battle until the final buzzer. Clearly outperformed everyone's expectations.

This year will be different - fans have a taste for what they might be and for that expectations will be much higher.

It's no different with our beloved Packers. Expectations are so high even going 6-0 doesn't seem to be good enough for some fans.
lulu

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:11 pm

They looked really good for the first two minutes. Lackluster after that. Then I remembered how boring NBA regular season basketball was and gave up just before halftime. They will get better as the season goes. Opened last night without the Greek Freak or Parker. It should at least be fun to watch... 5-10 minutes at a time.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby APB » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:30 pm

I was shocked to see the Bucks put an end to the Warrior's winning streak. Not nearly as shocked to see them lose to the lowly Lakers the very next game.

Rematch with the Warriors coming up Friday. Looks like a serious butt stomping coming the Bucks way. Apparently some of the GS players were not thrilled with some of the Buck's antics during the win.
APB

Postby paco » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:13 pm

APB wrote:I was shocked to see the Bucks put an end to the Warrior's winning streak. Not nearly as shocked to see them lose to the lowly Lakers the very next game.

Rematch with the Warriors coming up Friday. Looks like a serious butt stomping coming the Bucks way. Apparently some of the GS players were not thrilled with some of the Buck's antics during the win.

Several of the Bucks were out partying at a strip club before the Laker game too, I think. Sometime around then. It's a young team and they are playing like it. Will take a while for them to gel with all the new parts.
paco

Postby kampmanfan4life » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:44 am

paco wrote:
APB wrote:I was shocked to see the Bucks put an end to the Warrior's winning streak. Not nearly as shocked to see them lose to the lowly Lakers the very next game.

Several of the Bucks were out partying at a strip club before the Laker game too, I think. Sometime around then. It's a young team and they are playing like it. Will take a while for them to gel with all the new parts.

I think losing both Dudley and Zaza was big, that veteran leadership can hold the team together
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
kampmanfan4life

Postby NCF » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Giannis looks pretty dominant early on this season. This Bucks team is certainly not all together yet, but they are starting to develop some star power. If Parker can be that consistent compliment to Giannis, this team should make a strong push for the play-offs this year. It really sucks about Middleton, but I'm loving watching Malcolm Brogdon play early.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby NCF » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 pm

So, after dropping two in a row, right when they were on another roll, and then snapping the streak again by beating San Antonio in San Antonio, without Giannis.

Already this season the Bucks have beaten the Cavs and Spurs and taken the Warriors to the buzzer. If they ever figure out how to play consistently, look out.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby TheGreenMan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm

I've been a follower of the Spurs for as long as I can remember. I was a bit bummed to see the Spurs fall to the Bucks last night in a close one.

They do have a very solid team and really appear to be moving in the right direction.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby APB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:13 pm

The Bucks are so bipolar. They'll beat the Spurs on the road one week then lose to the 76ers without their best player at home the next. Tough to follow them.
APB

PreviousNext

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG