Super Bowl I Celebration Monday Night v Chiefs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Super Bowl I Celebration Monday Night v Chiefs

Postby JustJeff » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:40 am

Jason Wilde - ESPN Wisconsin wrote:Packers plan Super Bowl I celebration at Sept. 28 game

GREEN BAY – Although Mark Murphy can’t guarantee the Green Bay Packers will win Super Bowl 50 – despite the appealing symmetry, having won Super Bowl I – the Packers president/CEO did promise that the 1966 team that won the inaugural game will be feted this season at Lambeau Field.

Murphy said the team has a variety of events planned involving the Super Bowl I team, starting with the club’s annual Alumni Weekend for the Sept. 20 home opener against the Seattle Seahawks at Lambeau Field. The plan, Murphy said, is for all of the members of the Super Bowl I team who are still able to travel, and all of the team’s living Packers Hall of Famers who can still make the trip, to be in attendance along with alumni from other eras.

The Super Bowl I players will then stay in Wisconsin the following week, with events planned with them in both Green Bay and Milwaukee, before they are honored on Sept. 28 during the Packers’ Monday Night Football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Packers’ opponent in that first Super Bowl.

“There’ll be events throughout the week, but the main, main celebration will be at halftime, bringing out as many of those players as possible,” Murphy said.

Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr, who has been recovering from multiple strokes and a heart attack suffered last fall, has made significant progress through stem-cell treatments in recent weeks, but it’s unclear whether he will be able to attend either game. Starr’s son, Bart Jr., said earlier this month that his father is hoping to walk out onto Lambeau Field with Brett Favre on Thanksgiving night, when Favre’s No. 4 is unveiled on the stadium’s north end zone façade.

The Super Bowl I team's return, Favre's return and honoring soon-to-be Pro Football Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf at their Nov. 15 game mean the Packers will have three significant celebratory events at their eight home games this season.
JustJeff
Commissioner
Commissioner

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum