Broncos Week Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Broncos Week Thread

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Watch out. Viking fan getting uppity. :wink:
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:03 pm

raptorman wrote:Remind me again the juggernauts the Packers have played?

Maybe they haven't played spectacular competition, but still...

3-0 against the NFC West
2-0 with a chance to go 3-0 against the AFC West

We have swept 3/4 of our rotational conference games and could go 3/4 of our unfamiliar, rotational non-conference games. These are not easy games to win.

Have road games against Arizona and Oakland left. Those provide some challenges, but are winnable.

Also have a home game against Dallas and road game against Carolina due to our first place finish last year. The Carolina game will be tough, but the Packers should handle Dallas just fine.

That leaves the division with one road win already crossed off. Even if your Vikes steal one, the Packers schedule just isn't that daunting, period, this year. Strange, because originally this set up to be our toughest schedule in years. It just hasn't played out that way.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Yep, preseason SoS rarely correlates to post season SoS.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Cdragon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 pm

raptorman wrote:
Cdragon wrote:Denver is the 2nd worst 6-0 team ever. They are the only team to rank 1st on D and last in O at FO. They've played the 13th, 14th, 18th, 25th, and 28th best Os. Hardly juggernauts. Denver's O is horrible. The O has played some of the worst defenses in the game and can only score 7 TDs. And this is with that great D giving them field position.

Peyton can't run, Peyton can't throw, and he has to think so much about how his arm can't do what his brain wants him to do he's is making bad decisions. He can get you one drive a game.

I hope McCarthy calls anything from our 40 and beyond 4th down territory. He shouldn't respect their Offense at all and just go for it. Were going to roll!

Go Pack Go!

Remind me again the juggernauts the Packers have played?

We have been winning comfortably with a depleted roster against our competition, instead of hoping for a meltdown by the opponents in the 4th Q. We were up 31 - 7 on the common opponent. There are only 5 decent teams in the whole league and Denver isn't one of them. Nobody has played anybody who is good. As long as Capers sets up his D for a 2015 Manning instead of a 2004 Manning we'll have multiple picks to hand the O great field position. This shouldn't be a contest. (Well that should send Yoops Capers-Sense tingling.)
:lol:
Cdragon

Postby Jim T » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Cdragon wrote:
raptorman wrote:
Cdragon wrote:Denver is the 2nd worst 6-0 team ever. They are the only team to rank 1st on D and last in O at FO. They've played the 13th, 14th, 18th, 25th, and 28th best Os. Hardly juggernauts. Denver's O is horrible. The O has played some of the worst defenses in the game and can only score 7 TDs. And this is with that great D giving them field position.

Peyton can't run, Peyton can't throw, and he has to think so much about how his arm can't do what his brain wants him to do he's is making bad decisions. He can get you one drive a game.

I hope McCarthy calls anything from our 40 and beyond 4th down territory. He shouldn't respect their Offense at all and just go for it. Were going to roll!

Go Pack Go!

We have been winning comfortably with a depleted roster against our competition, instead of hoping for a meltdown by the opponents in the 4th Q. We were up 31 - 7 on the common opponent. There are only 5 decent teams in the whole league and Denver isn't one of them. Nobody has played anybody who is good. As long as Capers sets up his D for a 2015 Manning instead of a 2004 Manning we'll have multiple picks to hand the O great field position. This shouldn't be a contest. (Well that should send Yoops Capers-Sense tingling.)

I take nothing for granted. The 0-10 Colts were supposed to be a pushover in 1997. Just saying.
You think these are tough times? For your sake, I hope you never see tough times.
Jim T

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Anyone think Clay will do the NationWide bobble head when he sacks Manning?

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Cdragon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Jim T wrote:
Cdragon wrote:
raptorman wrote:

Go Pack Go!

I take nothing for granted. The 0-10 Colts were supposed to be a pushover in 1997. Just saying.

An 0-10 team is easy to overlook and not show up for. The dreaded trap game. The National Game against a 6-0 team after the bye, is somebody you show up for. When this team shows up watch out.
Cdragon

Postby Papa John » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I get that it's good to be confident, but let's not act like this wouldn't be a big win for the Packers. On the road against a HOF QB and the #1 defense in the league on Sunday Night Football. The Broncos are legit. BTW, remember the time when we all thought Drew Brees's arm was shot?
Papa John

Postby Blankman0021 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Papa John wrote:I get that it's good to be confident, but let's not act like this wouldn't be a big win for the Packers. On the road against a HOF QB and the #1 defense in the league on Sunday Night Football. The Broncos are legit. BTW, remember the time when we all thought Drew Brees's arm was shot?

Plus they're honoring the 97 Broncos team, and inducting owner Pat Bowlen into their ring of fame. They definitely are going all out to have a big home crowd at this one.
Blankman0021

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Papa John wrote:I get that it's good to be confident, but let's not act like this wouldn't be a big win for the Packers.

Someone is acting like this will not be a big win?

On the road

Makes it tough
against a HOF QB

All HOF QBs careers come to an end and it very much looks like it is the end for Manning:
17th in yards
Leads the league in INTs with 10
25th in TD passes with 7
the #1 defense in the league

Definitely a tough defense

on Sunday Night Football.

12-4 on Sunday Night Football under McCarthy. 8-1 after the bye under McCarthy.
The Broncos are legit.

Most legit team we have faced.
BTW, remember the time when we all thought Drew Brees's arm was shot?

Nope
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Papa John » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Someone said earlier, "this shouldn't be a contest." I wholeheartedly disagree.
Papa John

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Papa John wrote:Someone said earlier, "this shouldn't be a contest." I wholeheartedly disagree.

1 person does not a majority make. If we bring our A game and Denver brings their A game, it won't be a contest. We are the better football team.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:
Papa John wrote:Someone said earlier, "this shouldn't be a contest." I wholeheartedly disagree.

1 person does not a majority make.

I think Papa was addressing that one person... Cdragon!!!

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 pm

NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

1 person does not a majority make.

I think Papa was addressing that one person... Cdragon!!!

Apparently :lol:
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby salmar80 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh, this will be a contest, to be sure. That no 1 defense vs our O with some injured pieces is a toughie. Lacy NEEDS to play well this week, so that we don't have to depend solely on the pass against their quality secondary.

I have a gut feeling this is a game in which the rested Packers pass rush will lead to several INTs. I'd really like to see Randall get his first one, Hayward and Burnett, too.

I predict both teams will struggle to maintain long drives, and Masthay better have a good outing in that thin air. He's been rising from his slump lately, but doesn't have my full confidence yet..

It'll be an ugly game decided by GB getting more turnovers. Good guys win :AOK
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum